We are very excited to announce that we now have an online forum available at LGBTQ and ALL for our audience. This feature will allow folks with varying LGBTQ+ identities to have a safe space to communicate with each other about their individual experiences.
What is an Online Forum?
An online forum is a space on the web that revolves around conversation. People in forums generally post questions and responses. A forum features engaging discussion that can be available over any period.
Certain online forums will center around a specific topic. In this case, our forum focuses on LGBTQ+ issues and mental health.
Forums can also have associated jargon, like how a conversation is labeled a “thread” or topic.
A forum can also feature various subforums with various topics. Every new discussion is referred to as a thread within these topics; anyone can reply as much as they want.
Each forum is different. Some may have settings where users can be anonymous or register with the forum to post. On most forums, users will not need to log in to read current messages, a feature we have available on LGBTQ and ALL. We also allow you to choose whichever username you want, and you can remain anonymous if you want.
Is Social Media Beneficial for LGBTQ+ Youth? Join in on the discussion.
What is the Purpose of an Online Forum?
Online forums can have many purposes. For example:
- Helps people form communities.
- It enables like-minded individuals to connect with one another.
- Provides education and resources.
- It offers a safe space for members to ask questions or discuss their feelings.
In general, there are many benefits to online forums. These include:
- Providing a space for engagement.
- Improving communication.
- Encouraging collaboration.
- Seeking out support.
What is the Importance of a Community-oriented LGBTQ+ Forum?
Online discussions bring much value to those who participate. These types of positive environments can help LGBTQ+ people thrive of all ages.
The needs of LGBTQ+ folks are much different from their cisgender and heterosexual counterparts. A forum can offer resources from government agencies and community organizations and provide insight and education to peers, parents, educators, family, and other allies.
Are you looking for inspiration? Here are 10 powerful LGBTQ+ quotes.
What are our Values for this Online Forum?
Our overall mission as a team is to provide accessible resources to everyone who needs them. When it comes to the forum, our values include the following:
- Maintaining a safe, inclusive, and equitable environment for our LGBTQ+ community.
- Promoting visibility and a sense of community throughout the forum.
- Encouraging an intersectional approach to the forum and promoting equality and respect for everyone.
Why did the LGBTQ and ALL Team feel it was Essential to Create a Community Forum?
Since LGBTQ and ALL is an inclusive community for folks who live within the margins, we knew that a forum was an essential component of our site. We are passionate about our community and want to provide them with as many resources and tools as possible.
Is Gen Z struggling with their mental health? Find out here.
What Kind of Topics can you Expect to Find on the Forum?
Currently, here are some popular categories within the community:
- General Discussion
- Lesbian Forum
- Gay Forum
- Bisexual Forum
- Transgender Forum
- Queer Forum
- Questioning Forum
We are continually expanding the subjects and topics on the forum to include varying identities.
Do you know the history of the word queer?
Some popular topics include:
- Mental Health
- Coming Out
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity
- Gender Confirmation
- Health and Sex
You can also find a directory of psychologists in different countries worldwide.
What are the Rules of our Forum?
Our forum has a short list of easy-to-follow rules, including:
- No Spam / Advertising / Self-promotion in the forums.
- Post your questions or messages in the appropriate forum.
- If a topic is posted in an inappropriate forum for the question, our team has the right to move it to a better-suited platform.
- Do not post copyright-infringing material.
- Do not post “offensive” posts, links, or images.
- Do NOT discuss religion, politics, or nationalism (nationalism is defined as discussions about why one country/nation is better than others or why a country/nation is wrong) outside LGBTQ+.
- Do NOT discuss how to carry out illegal activities or any wrong activities you have committed—for example, the use of illicit drugs and piracy.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times.
- Please be DESCRIPTIVE and don’t use “silly” topic names.
- Posts may be deleted for any number of reasons if the forum administrators deem it inappropriate.
- Do NOT create an account to spam, advertise, insult, troll, or criticize our members and threads.
- We reserve the right to ban someone without notification on a case-by-case basis.
Are There Any Eligibility Requirements for the LGBTQ and ALL Forum?
The forum is intended for people ages 15 and older. Users who lie about their age during registration will be prohibited from accessing the forum.
What is the Importance of a Safe Space?
Safe spaces are essential for those looking to communicate meaningfully without judgment and unwanted opinions and without having to justify explaining themselves. In addition, it provides respect and understanding in a supportive environment.
This type of space is especially vital for those who identify as BIPOC or other marginalized identities within the LGBTQ+ community. Here are some reasons why safe spaces are essential:
- They allow freedom of expression.
- They ensure a diversity of perspectives and voices.
- Folks can openly share their challenges.
- They provide a support network.
- Safe Spaces can create an environment for healing.
- They can give allies insight into issues other oppressed or marginalized people experience.
Are you an ally of the LGBTQ+ community? Here are some tips for parents.
What is the Importance of Having Moderators Within the Forums?
Our team carefully considered what we wanted this forum to look like and how to keep everyone safe. We decided that moderators within the forums were essential. This decision is because content moderators ensure that nothing offensive occurs within the forum and that there is no bullying or trolling. In addition, moderators make sure that user-generated content can create a valuable opportunity for pattern recognition.
To ensure our community’s safety, our moderators will review content to ensure our members follow the community guidelines. Remember that we will not publish hate speech, discrimination, slurs, or violent and disturbing imagery.
We would love to have you join our expanding community. Please support us by joining!